Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Bulldogs Game Day #44 vs TimberWolves

the BIG DOG and Colin Guiguet
photo: the BIG DOG Les Dorion

First off- the reason for the picture. I sent out the word to anyone who was still in touch with former Bulldogs to give me their contact info, as per fan requests I wanted to set up some "alumni" interviews for our Bulldogs broadcasts. Les Dorion talked to former Bulldog captain Colin Guiguet over Christmas, and sent me his info so I could get a hold of him. The interview with Colin will run during the second intermission of tomorrow's game against Powell River. I just wanted to post a day early to give fans of Colin a heads up to catch the interview. My thanks again to the BIG DOG for setting it all up.

The Bulldogs play game #5 of their 8 game home stand tonight as they host the Williams Lake TimberWolves. With the Nanaimo Clipper loss to the Cowichan Valley Capitals 5-4 last night, the Bulldogs lead the Island Division and the BCHL overall by nine points. Williams Lake lost 4-3 in double OT in Powell River last night, as former Bulldog Andrew Riddell scored the winner. The TWolves are four points out of a playoff spot, and have earned at least a point in their last 6 games.

When these two teams meet, in the "battle of the dogs" as Ace calls it, it's always interesting hockey. I'm not sure what the head to head records are of the teams, but Ace does and he will no doubt mention them tonight. Time for a flashback from the only meeting of these teams so far this season. CLICK TO LISTEN to the game winner October 15th in Williams Lake.

Catch the Alberni Engineering pregame show on 93.3 The Peak FM at 6:45 tonight with Ace and myself live from the DAWG POUND. If you're out of The Peak's listening area, catch the internet broadcast through the BCHL's Fanzone.

Click to email the PRESSBOX

As always I welcome your postgame comments here on the blog, and your requests, complaints, suggestions, pictures and more.

Thanks for stopping by the blog,
GO DOGS GO.
Hammer

No comments: