Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, March 06, 2006

Todays Post- Pictures, Podcast, Playoffs.

Hello and thanks for stopping by the blog. If you are associated with the Bulldogs in anyway, I hope you are over the pain of the weekend, or are at least close to it. There's no time to feel sorry for oneself, the playoffs start tomorrow!

For most of my thoughts on the end of the season, and the start of the season, I''ve podcasted this clip from my morning show this morning on 93.3 The Peak FM.

Click HERE to listen. I would've typed it out, but I would still be typing I think. So many thoughts, but that's where I'll leave it. Again, no offense intended from my comments. This is my "blog", and my personal thoughts, so please don't take them as any more than that. Give anyone else in my position an "off the cuff" 7 or 8 minutes of talking their own thoughts on hard fought games and someone is bound to not agree with what they hear.

Picture time. From the Outhouse to the Penthouse. No offense intended to Langley, but from the "chicken coop" we broadcasted from there, to the great digs we had in Chilliwack, that's the best comparison. Funny that last time the Bulldogs were on the road, it went the opposite way, Penthouse to Outhouse. From the great pressbox and rink in Vernon to the "different" broadcast booth in Merritt the next night. Again, no offense indended to Merritt.

View of "the booth" in Langley, and views out from inside while we call a game.
The sparkling Prospera Centre in Chilliwack. View of the bar/restaurant, living the high life in the luxury boxes, a long way down, and the Left/Centre/Right view from our vantage point.





My thanks to Kris and JB for their help in Chilliwack this weekend, and my thanks to Chilliwack Bruins President/owner Darryl Porter for his time for the interview Saturday night. Nice to be able to talk to Rosco, Vanni, Laura and anyone else I forgot.

It's the real deal tomorrow, should be fun and should be roof-loosening in the Dawg Pound.

Thanks for stopping by the blog,
GO DOGS GO
Hammer

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hammer,
yup, we were disappointed but we are over it. Listening to your Podcast reminded me too much of some of the things that annoyed me this season, ie. that goal a certain team, ahem, got on us to tie the game, after practically sitting on our goalie. ONE point.. just ONE!! IF ONLY is all i keep thinking.. but... NOW onward and upward. I'll be there tomorrow, cheering! Go DOGS.. they still ROCK!!! no matter what.

Anonymous said...

UNLEASH HELL

Anonymous said...

No problem hammer

I can cofirm that Kremyr's shot did hit the crossbar i was sitting right on the goal line.

Love the bulldog goggles got a chuckle out of that one

Hammer said...

ffhht, I love it

UNLEASH HELL

gwyn- I love it

Onward an upward!

If I may ressurect and old Bulldogs term

RIP AND TEAR

kris-

glad you got a view of how close it was. onward and upward indeed, but as gwyn said, hard not to think. a fraction down, and we're all singing a different tune and hanging banners. other side of the coin- a fraction higher and it's over the net I guess. no bulldog goggles there, haha.

Anonymous said...

I'm a bulldogs fan but you just go to far in your comments. You make it sound like everything was unfair against our time. The fact is we choked, and Nanaimo didn't. A good team finds a way to win... we found ways to lose. Puck bounces, officiating, whatever you want to blame it on. It just makes us sound brutal when you say stuff like that. We lost, Nanaimo won. We should just suck it up, shut up, and then beat them in the playoffs.

Anonymous said...

I gotta agree with the above post

Hammer said...

HAHA good to see you get along with yourself and agree with your own comments, "anonymous"

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion(s)

In the future, I'll save myself some work and just say "the bulldogs choked, the opposition didn't, thanks for checking out the blog and thanks for listening"

Sure wouldn't have many people checking the blog too often.

Thanks anyway for your comment(s)

Anonymous said...

Ok my name is Bill. I live in Alberni.


So many what ifs. I'm sure the Clips had there share of what ifs..

We'll get them back in the playoffs that for sure.