Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, August 31, 2007

*Yawn* Canada goes 3 and 0, Dogs in Nanaimo, Salmon Fest weekend, more Bulldogs off to school

Team Canada beat Russia 6-2 today to lead the "Super Series" 3-0. Kyle Turris scored agian. That's 3 goals in 3 games. WOW.

Still a game to go in Russia, and Canada is up 3-0 before heading here for the next four games. I was having flashbacks today of the replays when Philly pounded the Red Army "they're goin home! they're goin home!" At this rate, the Russians might not even LEAVE home. Good job Canada.




The Dogs are back in action tonight with an exhibition tilt at the Frank Crane Arena at 7:30 against the Clippers. The Dogs are 0-1 and 1 so far in exhibition, the Clippers are 0 and 1 after dropping a 4-3 decision to the Powell River Kings Wednesday night also at the Frank Crane.

Tomorrow night these two bitter rivals go back at each other again, this time at the Dog Pound, a 7:00 start.


Ahhhhh.....Dogs vs Clippers. Where exhibition might as well be for the Stanley Cup-or the Royal Bank Cup, if you will. From my experience, I've found that most of the fans from both sides of this rivalry hate losing to the other team so much, they don't care if it's exhibition play or not. It's always neat to see the players absorb the rivalry and the feel of it. I remember what I was told about the rivalry when I came to Port Alberni, and I remember viewing it first hand for the first couple of times. Good stuff! Of course, all these Clipper games just give me the opportunity to "shoot the stuff" with my good friend "The Canpar Man" Bruce Sly so it's always a hoot!

It's Salmon Festival this weekend in Port Alberni so I won't be able to make the game tonight. I would appreciate any comments here on the blog from anyone who goes down tonight, so POST away! Salmon Festival is always a crazy busy time....I spend lots of time at the station on the air, and then equal amounts live on location with updates from Clutesi Haven Marina. It's hectic, but fun! I can taste the World Famous Kiwanis Club Salmon BBQ now!

Great story on the Bulldogs website today http://www.albernivalleybulldogs.ca/ regarding two more players moving on to school. Bradyn Melrose is heading down to The University Wisconsin-Superior to hit the books and hit the ice for the Yellow Jackets.

Stephen Pattison is heading to Brock University in Ontario- Scroll down to hear the entire interview with Stephen when he left Port Alberni a couple of weeks ago.

Congrats to both players and their families and support systems, and last but not least- the Bulldogs organization and Educational Advisor Tom McEvay- School and playing hockey, it's what Junior A Hockey is all about!

LASTLY- Does anyone have a suite for rent? A kitchen area, living area and sleeping area is all that is needed. Bulldogs trainer Leigh Fitzpatrick has asked me to try and help him find somewhere for the season- SO if you can help out with a place, or if you know someone else that has one, please call Leigh at the Dogs office at (250) 723 4412

I think that's it for today.

Enjoy the game at the 'Crane tonight if you are going. We'll see you at the 'Pound tomorrow!

Have a great long weekend!

Hammer

No comments: