Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, October 19, 2007

"I Datsyuk'd him"

That's what Josh Pineiro said on the post game last night when I asked him what that move was that he pulled on Michael Garman with the game on the line with a double overtime penalty shot .

"I Datsyuk'd him" he simply said.

The second I heard Josh say that, the move all of a sudden made sense. At the moment when he pulled it off and scored though, I lost it....Couldn't believe it, really. I was utterly shocked. I don't know about the rest of the fans watching in the building, but I was expecting ANYTHING BUT THAT from a rookie kid from California (a defensemen, at that) with the game on the line in probably the most pressure packed moment he's ever faced in hockey. A wrist shot, a simple deke, heck, even a slapper from the blue line would've been less shocking than that move.

Pineiro said on the postgame that as soon as he found out it was a penalty shot, he knew exactly what he was going to do. Did he ever.

I don't have video of Josh's goal last night, but I did find the Datsyuk goal. Josh's was different in that it was a penalty shot, so it was a little slower. Josh is also a right handed shot while Datsyuk is a leftie. While Datsyuk's might have been a little smoother and prettier, the end result was still the same. It was the SITUATION that made Pineiro pulling it off that impressive.



I'll do my best to get my hands on a link or a copy of the Pineiro goal.

Till then, at least relive the moment through the radio. Here's the play-by-play of the penalty shot winner from the 93.3 The Peak FM broadcast last night. All audio courtsey and copyright 93.3 The Peak FM and the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group.

Click to listen to the Josh Pineiro penalty shot game winner

Hammer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved that goal, and like you said who would have thought that would have come from a rookie D-man. It's the talk of the town today. Congrats Bulldogs on the comeback and the win.

Dan the stats man

Anonymous said...

hey any chance of putting the robert lindores interveiw on the blog?

Anonymous said...

Great photos in the paper of Pineiros's goal!

Anonymous said...

That was a beauty goal. WTG Piniero!