Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Dogs drop third straight 6-0 in Surrey, into Langley Sunday, PLEASE REMEMBER.


It wasn't a pretty one for the Dogs in Surrey, as they fell behind early and stayed that way, losing 6-0. The Eagles love facing the Bulldogs, as they have out scored them 11-1 in two meetings now this season. The task doesn't get any easier for the Dogs Sunday in Langley, as they face the red hot Chiefs, winners of 6 in a row. Langley's streak started with a 4-2 win over the Bulldogs on October 28th.

I found this poem on the blog of Rod Pedersen, who might have the best job in the world- he is the play-by-play voice of both the WHL's Regina Pats, and the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders. Check out Rod's blog HERE



It is the VETERAN , not the preacher,
Who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN, not the reporter,
Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN , not the poet,
Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN , not the campus organizer,
Who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN , not the lawyer,
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN , not the politician,
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the VETERAN ,
Who salutes the Flag,

It is the veteran ,
Who serves under the Flag,

ETERNAL REST GRANT THEM O LORD, AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON THEM.

____________________________________________________________
Before I go, I give you Terry Kelly's "A Pittance of Time"
This one always brings a tear to my eye. I've never been a big fan of sporting events of Remembrance Day. I'm a fan of Remembrance Day ceremonies on Remembrance Day. However, if having a ceremony at a sporting event gets the word out and opens some eyes of someone who wouldn't be recognizing Remembrance Day, I guess it's a good thing.

Ceremonies in Port Alberni go at ADSS starting at 10:30am. Please be seated by 10:15. If you REALLY want a seat, I'd suggest you get there by 10:00. Typical Port Alberni, they show up in droves for a community event such as this. I had the good fortune of not having a hockey game last year so I could attend. We got there at 10:00am and still couldn't find a place to sit.

I remember.

Terry Kelly time. Should be a fun game tomorrow, thanks for checking the blog.
Hammer

No comments: