Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, November 26, 2007

What do you do?

I knew it was a different day today when I walked into the coaches office and Bryant Perrier was dressed up in full equipment (the same from his playing days in Phoenix I might add)

What do you do when you have worked your tails off right from day #1 of camp and you still find yourself struggling and in a slump and on a streak? You try to forget. The Bulldogs had a "fun prakkie" today, (as I used to call it) and I think this thinking by the coaching staff is pure genius. The guys were probably not too pumped up to get back to work today, in the middle of a streak going the wrong way where everything seems to be going wrong. So instead of talking about how everything has gone wrong, I'm guessing they were told to have some fun and forget about it for a couple of hours. Just have fun. The game is supposed to be fun, in the end. Yes, it's a job at this level. And it just gets more serious and the expectations get higher and the commitment level gets higher if you advance from this level. In the end, there has to be some joy there, or you won't succeed. This team has worked incredibly hard since camp. They have had 1 or 2 days off since August, by my count. I know they'll be right back to work tomorrow. Maybe even today after practice. But right now, the guys are having fun. And I bet it feels damn good. It made me feel better just watching them. I'm just the radio guy, but I still left the rink feeling plenty different from when I went in there to get audio for my "Weekly Preview" article on the Bulldogs website.

Enjoy the pictures...

First and foremost- WINTER in Port Alberni. Holy smoke! What a shot from my deck. Drive safe. I feel like I am back in Manitoba.

Other than that, just pictures of the guys hamming it up. Adam Baldassarre with his "Smeltz" cape, Matt Frydrysek with the 'stache, and Josh Pineiro top to bottom are a couple front runners for the creativity award!

Hammer
















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA, man that's awesome!

A good tonic for the boys, fun is something they likely haven't been having much of lately...

Keep givin er Dogs!

Anonymous said...

Isn't having fun together whether it's on or off the ice something this "team" needs on a regular basis? There is something to be said for the bonding factor!!!

Hammer said...

Yup, fun needs to be had for sure! Bonding is a must. Hope this helps.