Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, December 15, 2007

TRAVIS CROSS IS GOING TO THE 2008 OLYMPICS!!!!!!


I got a call from a jubilant Tom McEvay this afternoon, and I could tell by the tone in his voice the second I heard it that it was good news. " He did it, we're going to the Olympics!!!!!" was the next words out of his mouth.

This is just incredible. Small town Port Alberni. Wrestling for Canada at the 2008 Olympic games in Beijing.

There's no update yet on http://www.wrestling.ca/but trust me, this is the REAL DEAL.

Congrats Travis and family. Congrats to his Coaches James and Ivan, and to Tom McEvay and everyone with the Alberni Wrestling Club. And everyone that supported Travis. And everyone in Port Alberni period. When something so big comes out of a place so small, you know that everyone has some part somehow in making it all happen.

I can't imagine how it feels for Travis and his supporters, given that I'm on cloud 9 myself!

WAY TO GO TRAVIS!

I caught up with Travis live via phone in Etobicoke today to get his reaction and his thoughts. He was excited, he was emotional, his phone was ringing off the hook. Click the link below to listen to the interview that ran live this afternoon on 93.3 The Peak FM.

(I WILL HAVE THE INTERVIEW UP SOMETIME TOMORROW, PLEASE CHECK BACK)

Congrats to Travis and everyone involved!
Hammer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Travis, to you and your supporting cast. What a tremendous feat. You should be proud!

From the Bonar family

Anonymous said...

Way to go Travis, your a real inspiration to me as a young wrestler. I would love to interview Travis for the thing im writing on local people doing and acheiving great things, if anyone knows how i can contact him please post back!
---Tasha---

Hammer said...

Tasha,

Email me! bulldogs@933thepeak.com