Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

VOTE RODDY! | Tommy T snipes a G!

Stick with me for a second on this one please, dear readers. I need a favour, if you could spare just 10 seconds of your time. I need you to VOTE FOR ROD PEDERSEN in the "Canada's Best Sports Blog" contest, since I didn't make the running (LOL).

I first contacted Rod in the summer to talk about blogging and broadcasting, after former Bulldog and Regina Pat Isaac Smeltzer labelled him as "one of the top beauties of all time" The billing from Smeltz was on the money as we have talked several times since.

I have brought Rod's blog up before on here and I have linked to it before for a variety of tidbits that I thought my readers might have found interesting. For those that missed it before, here's a breakdown on what his blog is about and who Rod is.

Rod is the play-by-play voice of both the CFL's Saskatchewan Rough Riders, and the WHL's Regina Pats, (yes, it could be just about the best job ever) so his blog centers around those teams. However, his blog also has plenty of content covering other professional and amateur sports and various teams. Check out his blog HERE

I have actually been meaning to post something about the "Canada's Best Sports Blog" thing for a week or so, but I forgot. When I saw that Rod's blog was the ONLY blog outside of Ontario to get to the top 5, I was more than a LITTLE fired up. I read a handful of WHL and Junior A blogs from broadcasters and media types regularly and in my humble opinion every single one of them is more interesting than the other four nominees. When I saw today that one of the other final 5 bloggers in Ontario was throwing shots at Rod (incredibly, shots for being everything a blog SHOULD BE) I got downright steamed. SO. Vote Rod.

Here's why, and here's how.

To the WHY- here's an excerpt from Rod's blog today:

Polls close tonight at 12:00am ET for voting for Canada's Best Sports Blog. As you know, this blog is among five finalists but one of the other blogs, a joker in Ottawa, has started an attack campaign against me.

He labelled this (Rod's blog) blog as "low-budget" and "rough-around-the-edges", and nothing more than football gossip. While some of that may be true, I don't have the resources he does (Canwest and David Asper). In fact, my resources are .... mine. And that's pretty meagre. Actually it's limited to my computer and my digital camera. Still 1,400 readers find their way here every day, and nearly 500,000 have visited since March of 2006.

Unfortunately for him, that Ottawa reporter has attacked an American political news junkie. Do you know what the #1 most prevalent trait is amongst politicians who launch smear and attack campaigns?

Fear.

Let's bury this guy. The voting link is below.

As I said earlier, the guy attacked Rod for being what a blog SHOULD be. At least how I think a blog should be- low budget, individual, unique, and rough around the edges.
Maybe it's just me, but blogs are supposed to be the alternative to the high budget and professional and mainstream stuff. So, please spend 10 seconds and vote for Rod if you are FOR blogs that are done for little more than a desire to get some words out there and get some promotion out there for the individual and the teams that they cover. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the big media corporations, I work for one afterall, but I'm not for them being bloggers.

Count a vote for Rod as a vote for me and how I run this thing, if that helps to sway you into spending 10 seconds.

Just plain vote for a blog that exists outside of the CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE in Ontario. I know the folks in BC will certainly be all over THAT point!

Here is the voting link- click and vote for PEDERSEN MEDIA, please and thanks.

Last but certainly not least- NO, I haven't been put up to this by Rod or anyone else. People should know by now that I don't really work that way. I chose to post this because Rod has been a good guy and a help to me, and for the fact that the country does indeed exsist West of Toronto. Here's to the thought that all the blogs there will split the vote amongst themselves HAHA!
_____________________________________________________________
Quite the story last night in Powell River, where Surrey Eagles goaltender Tommy Tartaglione SCORED A GOAL. No, we aren't talking about a delayed penalty goalie pulled and the puck last hit Tartaglione before the Kings scored on themselves....We are talking about Tartaglione dropping the puck beside his goal and SHOOTING AND SCORING, ripping one down the ice into the Powell River net with 29 seconds to play. I saw the video this morning, what a beauty.

It's all a big coincidence I know, but Surrey has now had a couple of odd incidents regarding goaltenders. Who remember 2004-2005 when the Eagles lost BOTH goalies (Dustin Slade and Aaron McKenzie) to injury in the same game and one of their defensemen donned the gear and came in for the third period and PUT UP A SHUT OUT? If memory serves me right it was Stewart Thiessen. I remember having him on our "Bulldogs This Week" talk show the following night and it was a great story. That's like Atom A stuff, throwing on the pads for a period.

So congrats to Tommy for the unique feat of finding the net as a tendy. I came close once or twice....but no twine ticklers for me.

Thanks as always for stopping by the blog.
Hammer


No comments: