Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Yeeeaaarrrrrrggghhh!

I love and hate computers!
Today was the day that my 90 day trail for Microsoft 2007 expired on my laptop. This is quite the important machine as I do pretty much everything with it- the Bulldog game broadcasts, the "Bulldogs This Week" talk show, the the Previews and Recaps for the Dogs site. And of course, this machine is how I do everything for this blog!

So I'm a little set back today and a little ticked off at Microsoft. Good ole Bill Gates! No warning, no anything, I have about 10 different files open and BOOM "your trial period is done you must now purchase Office 2007" How much do you think they want for office 2007? 400.00!!!!!! Yikes! I think I'm in the wrong business. So it's going to be a nuts game to do everything different for the game tonight. Sorry no picture for the blog today- the cheat sheet- another microsoft office thing. As much as I want to do all I can for the blog, I'm certainly not spending money on it! I spend enough darn time for nothing already!

So that's my rant today. Sorry. Off to find Office 2007 I guess. Incredible that we don't realize how much we depend on these machines until they don't work anymore!

The Dogs host the Prince George Spruce Kings tonight, 2-1 winners last night in Duncan. The Dogs won the only meeting between these teams back on October 10th, a 5-2 win in PG. Kevin Genoe makes his return to the Pound tonight and I would be surprised if he didn't get the start. But stranger things have happened.

Pregame show tonight is at 6:45 and the puck drop is at 7:00.

Hammer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want to get away from the Microsoft way of life, I would suggest OpenOffice from OpenOffice.org... nice package, does everything Office does and more in some cases.