Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Nanaimo vs Langley Game 1

I said I would post some thoughts after going down for game 1 of the Coastal Conference finals last night at the Frank Crane Arena.

All in all, this was typical league-semi final playoff game, through and through. Neither team seemed to be willing to open it up much, playing it close to the vest to not make that crucial mistake. I wouldn't say either team dominated the game, I would say that Langley made the most of the their opportunities, while Nanaimo simply didn't capitalize. HIT THE NET. Kurt Jory was good, but I don't think he had to be lights out. Both teams had their share of chances, both teams did things well, both teams tried to draw penalties and mix it up a bit after the whistle. Things got a little silly on the penalties front a couple of times, but so goes the BCHL at times, especially when the stakes are so high. Huge game today, but Langley knows full well having a 2-0 series lead heading home doesn't always mean much- see Victoria last round.

Hows that for ya Bruce!?
haha

No comments: