Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What a game, Chilliwack and Vancouver!

As it approaches 11:30pm, I know I will be CURSING the Chilliwack Bruins and Vancouver Giants when I'm getting up at 4:30 am for THE PEAK morning show. Right now, I'm absolutely loving the triple OT action and the WHL playoffs on SHAW. With my friends and former Bulldog staffers Jim Hiller and Matt Auerbach with the Bruins, I'm cheering for a Chilliwack win to make a series of this to get back in it to make it 2-1 in favor of Vancouver.

At the same time, I was a fan of the Giants on their WHL and Memorial Cup run last season. My good friend the "BIG DOG" Les Doiron is a big Giants fan as well, and it became easier to like the G-men last summer when Big Dog invited them to Port Alberni for the annual Charity Golf Classic, and the Giants were involved big time not only for the tournament but around the community, even bringing the Memorial Cup along for a visit. Pictured below is Giants play-by-play man Joey Kenward, taking the Memorial Cup to Echo Village to visit the residents there. Thanks to Big Dog for the picture.




Given Chilliwack's BCHL roots, I'll predict one of their former BCHL'ers to score to FINALLY end this game, one of the top 5 longest in Dub history!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

by the end of it i was so tired and hungry i just wanted someone to score too bad it was the giants