Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, April 11, 2008

Nothing beats a game at the Bell Centre/ Danny Gallivan

This needs no description, but just an encouragement to LISTEN TO IT LOUD.....but only if you can handle it.



Today's Canadian Birthdays...

Danny Gallivan 1917-1993-hockey broadcaster, was born on this day at Montreal in 1917; died Feb. 24 1993. Gallivan called 1900 games in a 32 year career, including 16 Stanley Cup victories for the Montreal Canadiens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Canadiens long time broadcaster, Danny Gallivan, wasn't born in Montreal. In fact, he was born in a small community in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia called Whitney Pier. I wanted to clarify that as I saw that you had him being born in Montreal.

Hammer said...

Anonymous- Thank you for the correction/clarification.

My source for the information was the Sympatico "This day in Canadian History" website. I have emailed them to let them know about Mr. Gallivan. Again, thank you.