Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Canada vs Russia for GOLD, Flyers @ Penguins, ARGYLE PUB today.

As I type this, I'm getting fired up watching the pregame show on TSN as Canada and Russia are set to meet in the title game of the World Hockey Championship shortly. Should be a great game!

Hey NHL- Get back to Quebec City already!

_________________________________

Sometime after the Gold Medal game ends, the Penguins host the Flyers trying to again advance to the Stanley Cup Finals. With Detroit dropping another game yesterday to Dallas I would imagine Pittsburgh will be even further motivated to end this series to get into the finals with more rest than their opponents. Again, this should be another great game to watch.

_________________________________

After the hockey is over, I will again be volunteering today from 3-5pm as the Celebrity BBQ Chef at the Argyle Pub, with all monies raised from Smokie and Cheeseburger sales going to the Ty Watson House. Here is the email I got from Rob about how we did last Sunday. Thanks to Rob for the update and for offering to donate this money to these great causes! I gotta go GAME ON go CANADA!


Hi Evan,

Thanks for coming out on Sunday to The Argyle to cook up some great $2 cheeseburgers and $1 smokies for the Sunday Mixed Slow Pitch league's post games social.

We raised $108 for the Ty Watson House, and we will continue to do this every Sunday, and I will continue to match our celebrity Chef's "tips" as well as donate my own tips to the fund.

I am dropping off the money for the Ty Watson House on Friday and will do so each week. We will be supporting the Ty Watson House throughout May and June. In July and August we will support the Ronald McDonald Children's Charities and the Variety Club.

Thanks again for doing your thing! See you on Sunday at 3. For your friends and fans (are these two different groups??) the details are:


The Argyle Pub
Yes, it's the old "Zoo"
5251 Argyle St
723 3510
www.theargylepub.com

Sunday, $2 cheeseburgers, $1 smokies, from 330-5ish

All tips are matched by The Argyle and donated to the Ty Watson House. I also donate my tips for the afternoon.


No comments: