Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bulldogs SEASON TICKETS news, Support TOM on the BIG BIKE , My JOURNEY with the Journey

Here's an update from the Bulldogs on another chance at grabbing a season seat!

The Alberni Valley Bulldogs are releasing 50 seats to the public for season ticket purchases.

This will guarantee you a seat for the exciting upcoming season. The office has an arena map showing what is available, so please stop in and pick your seat.

You will be able to do this starting June 3rd. Office hours for June will be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 10 am until 4pm.

Any questions, please call at 723-4412
_______________________________
And here is an email I received from Tom McEvay. He is looking for support as he is riding the BIG BIKE to raise money for the Heart and Stroke Foundation.

Tomorrow at 5:30 pm I will be joining my colleagues from the World Under 17 Hockey Committee on a big 16 person bike that we will ride to raise money for the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Each of us is required to raise a minimum of $50 in pledges but we all hope to do much more than that. Any amount large or small is appreciated but I am determined to beat Ron Paulson for the most raised.I have registered myself online as a participant which can make it easier for you to make your donation online and get an immediate tax receipt. You can go to either of the links below and go to “Sponsor a Rider” and then type in my name and make your pledge using a credit card. You can then print off a tax receipt.
www.bigbike.ca

https://www.kintera.org/faf/reg_new/register.asp?ievent=261002&lis=1&k
If you prefer to just give me the donation I do have a hard copy of the pledge form that you can fill out here at Vast. If you don’t care about the donation being recorded for tax purposes then I will gladly accept your cash or cheque. Whatever works for you.
Thanks again. I promise to do you proud on the bike tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Tom


Tom McEvay
2009 World Under 17 Hockey Challenge

The fact that Tom is trying to beat Ronnie is enough reason for me to support him! Way to go U17 crew!!This story starts a couple of Saturdays ago when I got a call from Jimmy Pelk that went something like this:

This story starts a couple of Saturdays ago when I got a call from Jimmy Pelk that went something like this:


"Hammer, it's Jimmy, want to come up to the dealership and pick up a Dodge Journey to drive around?"


I say "Sure......I would be stupid not to....but why?"


Jimmy replies "So when we talk to you on your show on Tuesday and Thursday you have a first-hand account of the vehicle so you can talk about it from your point of view"


So off to Alberni Chrysler I went to pick up the Dodge Journey you see below to toodle around town for a week.

Now, you the reader might be looking at this posting like it's advertising. I will ask you to please look at it differently, as a "personal endorsement" if you will. You may be thinking that it's all the same, but in this case it isn't.

If you don't know, Alberni Chrysler talks to me Tuesday and Thursday mornings on my morning show on 93.3 The Peak FM just after the 7:30am news. That was why they gave me the vehicle to test out myself.

Nothing was said about this blog and me talking about the Journey here. I am making this post because I WANT to, and not because I'm getting anything out of it. Yes, I got a great vehicle to drive around for a week....but that was for my show!

Of course I hope that someone finds this post interesting and informative. And if you do think this looks like a great vehicle, please head to Alberni Chrysler at the top of the town to talk to them about it. Phone them at 250-723-5311 or visit their website here ALBERNICHRYSLER.COM

Tell them you read it on the blog please!

I very very much loved the vehicle. In fact, it was tough to give it back. My idea to make a post here came in the last couple of days I was still driving it. As I headed out to a round of Golf with Bulldogs Coach Bryant Perrier, I thought I should take the camera to snap some pictures of the vehicle to really explain all the cool features. Enjoy.

Front/Side/Back. HOT if you ask me.


The storage is incredible. Beyond the 3 or 4 "special compartments" the vehicle has, it can also be configured several ways with it's seating. Below, I have the back 2 seats down for my golf clubs.

In the floor in the back, is one of the extra storage spaces.


And here's the back with the back two seats upright.
See that white thing- Yup, that's an-always charged flashlight. Who knows when you will need it, but when you do, you'll love the fact that it's there.

This is how the second row of seats allow access to the back.
and here it is again. Plenty of room to get in there whether you are big or small.
Here I have put both rows of seats down to show even more cargo room.
Another one of those special compartments is located in the floor behind the passenger seat. It's a cooler!

And yes, it even comes out.
A nice feature- power sources- regular plug in, and cigarette lighter

Here is the view from the back seats, with the second row of seats down. Like a table almost.
The dash. 6 disc in dash CD player, AM/FM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio. All the audio controls are on the backside of the steering wheel, so you don't have to take your eyes of the road or your hands off the wheel. Dual zone climate control, rear-seats temperature control, the whole kit-and-kaboodle.

Extra storage in the dash.

The "chill zone" above the glove compartment keeps two cans of drinks cool.
This could be the feature that most impressed people I showed the vehicle to. The "conversation mirror" Great to have conversations with your passengers, to keep an eye on the kids, etc.
Still MORE extra storage. This one is under the front passenger seat.

If you want to buy this one, too bad, someone else did already! So I guess me driving it around and talking about it on the show helped!

And the fact that it is an incredible vehicle at a great price had nothing to do with it. HA

Yes, I said an incredible price. Almost everyone I showed this vehicle to guessed 35 to 40 thousand dollars for the price tag for this beauty. WRONG. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $28,000 is more like it.

Oh yah, it gets over 30 miles a gallon too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
a little off the specific post topic, but on the hockey topic and I'm hoping of interest to your readers:

To get to the point: my bank's CEO is nuts about hockey and wrote two books about it (Play by Play with Jim Robson and Hail Cesare!)--- and has us sponsoring a new
hockey community site for players (ie. minor leagues): www.hockeystars.com - kind of like facebook for hockeyplayers and fans.

We're running a contest (concludes soon) as part of the launch, and wondering if your readers would be interested in it.
In addition, we can give away 2 signed copies of the books to you/your readers.

A local blogger did this recently - you can see it here:
ttp://www.miss604.com/2008/05/hockeystars-contest-and-miss604-book-giveaway.html

I'm hoping you/your readers might be interested in the same thing?

Let me know ...

nancy underscore zimmerman at citizensbank dot ca
Cheers -
nancy

h

Hammer said...

Thanks for the heads up Nancy I will follow this up!