Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Evan Pighin plot thickens....Angel and family visit the Hout family and Disneyland!

My thanks to Dan "the stats man" Tisserand for sending me the below story from the Times Colonist regarding the developing situation surrounding Evan Pighin leaving the Chilliwack Bruins to hope to play for the Victoria Grizzlies next season.

I just don't have the time right now, but I would find it interesting to see what the Grizzlies said when they lost several players to the WHL last season in Jamie Benn and Gary Nunn.

While I understand no two situations are the same, I would still find their reactions at that time interesting.

Here is the aforementioned story about the most recent events,
OUT OF THE TIMES COLONIST NEWSPAPER, by Sharie Epp.

_________________________

What a great story this is....It's the spin-off stuff like this that makes the game great, and makes having a team in your community that cares about your community great!

It all started back on the Angel Magnussen Jelly-Bean Variety Show on SuperBowl Sunday. I was the MC of the proceedings. The Bulldogs were present to give their time and sign some autographs. As far as I know, it was at this show that my good friend Angel met Bulldog defender Adam Hout. To say that they took an immediate shine to each other would be an understatement!

I still remember Adam staying long through the afternoon after the rest of his teammates left, no doubt to go get fired up to watch the SuperBowl. It was then that I remarked here on the blog how "Houter" was a special guy for helping such a special girl on a big day like this one.
Well, one thing led to another and Adam and Angel became friends. And then the Hout family and the Magnussen family became friends.

It all culminated over the last couple of weeks as Angel and family went and spent time with Adam and family while visiting Disney Land.
Angel's mom Cheryl sent me this cool update:
-
The Hout's were absolutely incredible in all they did for Angel and for Arnie and I. They were determined to give Angel a trip to remember and to make sure she had a lot of fun before her upcoming surgeries. They made her the guest of honor at their party on the 4th of July and both Sam and Kathy's extended families welcomed us into their family as soon as they met us. Angel made a grand entrance and was embraced by all. They sang Happy 12 and a half birthday to her, twice in fact, and had a cake with the American flag on it and placed a candle in it so that she could make a wonderful wish. The whole time we were there they shared their home and their hearts with us. It was truly amazing. They are the kindest and most caring people one could ever meet. We clearly see where Adam gets his kindness, caring and compassion from, he comes from a long line of relatives that show it to all they meet. We are hoping to be able to drive Angel to California next spring, once she has recovered from her surgeries, so that she, and we, can once again visit with our new extended American family, The Hout's. Yes, you absolutely have our permission to share this story on your site.

Cheryl
To view pictures of the journey to Disney Land, click THIS LINK THAT WILL TAKE YOU TO ANGEL'S JOURNAL

Awesome stuff. It warms my heart to hear this and it makes me proud to think I had even a tiny part in making something this awesome happen! The Houts are incredible people, and just another reason that I love my job so much! I get to meet and get to know some incredible people!

That's two feel good stories in two days (Kevin Ross, now Adam Hout) about the quality of individuals that you people cheer on every night! And don't think for one second it ends with just these two guys either!

And a note to the people that raise these boys- I know the families a little and I can say that the apples sure don't fall too far from the tree, if you get my drift!!

I certainly hope you all appreciate the efforts of the team to get guys like this, and the efforts of the players themselves when they go above and beyond to make a difference.

Remember the impromptu street hockey game last year with the kids? Just awesome stuff!!!!!

Hammer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your great stories Evan - this is why I enjoy reading your blog year round! FYI the link to Angels journal didn't work for me - can you help??

Hammer said...

Thanks for the comments and thanks even more for the heads up on the link problem to Angel's Journal!

I have tried to fix it....please let me know should you encounter any more problems!