Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Back in action!!

After a couple weeks off it's good to be back. I'm busy as can be trying to get caught up.....but I know I can't let the blog sit without an update anymore!

Everything was awesome back in Manitoba for the wedding. Thanks to Sarah for doing such a great job planning everything and for our families as well for all their efforts.

The trip up to Northern Manitoba to do some fishing was great. There's a sizeable chunk of my heart that remains in Flin Flon. I know any Port Albernians have the same feeling about their "hometown" and I hope anyone from anywhere else has the same fond memories of where they grew up.

The return trip through Saskatchewan and Alberta and into BC was great. Manitoba Saskatchewan and Alberta all have their own beauty and great people and places, but in my humble opinion, there's nothing like BC and HOME. Yes, this is HOME for me now! My whole heart lies here:) I knew already that this was home, but it was reaffirmed because it was special to drive across the west and make it back to BC for BC DAY!

It's incredible how different the province looks when it isn't WINTER. I just haven't seen much of BC besides my travels between September and March. And that is always on a bus on a hockey trip. Business, not pleasure.

The Okanagan in the summer was everything I had heard about, and NOTHING like what I have seen in the Winters! There might be more bikinis in Kelowna Penticton and Osoyoos per capita than anywhere on the planet!

Long story short, it's great to be back at it....I have a couple videos and pictures from our journey that I will post...but not too much to bore you!

Of course the blog will be back ASAP reporting on the Bulldogs, the local sports scene, the world of sports, and just about anything and everything of interest in Port Alberni and the Island!

Hammer

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back!! Looking forward to the videos, pictures. One thing, though.you have to get a more upbeat picture for your blog.

Anonymous said...

yay hammers back!

Anonymous said...

Much better blog picture!

Anonymous said...

Is that a "BEIJING" H or a Honda sign?

Hammer said...

Thanks for the comments! Good to be back.

The "H" isn't for Beijing or Honda but HAMMER....and it's just the tip of the iceberg for many exciting things to come!! All I can say for now!

Hammer

Anonymous said...

you're back and haven't come by yet to sign Angel's cast?! send us your schedule and we will cook you guys a meal soon. we want to see wedding pix too. and hear all about it.

the magnussen's