Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cross out after losing 1-1 and 1-1

I'm just as proud of our Olympian as I'm sure the rest of Port Alberni is after tonight.

I am just hoping that Travis is just as proud himself after the heartbreak wears off.

What a sport! 1-1 in round one, and 1-1 in round two....And the Turkish Wrestler won both rounds because the way the sport works....whoever scores last in a round wins.....And he scored last both times and Travis scored first both times. Absolutely heartbreaking to watch, but inspiring at the same time. It just doesn't seem fair, but it's the way the sport works and it's the same for every athlete I guess.

Too bad that it took so long for it to get on CBC, but in the end I thought they did a great job with the Travis Cross Vignette.

Right at 7:20pm PST they showed the OTHER Canadian match on the other mat. At the same time I knew Travis was wrestling because the 64 strong Port Alberni faithful were true to my expectations of them - I could hear TRAVIS TRAVIS echoing through the arena. Cool stuff.

A great crowd was on hand tonight at Boston Pizza, and I'm sure the Echo Centre was jammed as were the other Sports Bars in town.

Win or lose, in my humble opinion, Travis and the community are all heroes and all winners for achieving the accomplishment of getting to the biggest show on earth.

Travis- You have inspired me and you have inspired this whole community. Every kid living here now believes that THEY TOO can make it to the Olympics. You are are hero.

Hammer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Travis Cross was on again on CBC French 15 mins ago.