Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, August 22, 2008

An email from Travis Cross, Star Light Movie Night.



Well said Travis!


Thank you everyone sending your emails. Everyone is so positive and it is good to know your thoughts and feelings of not only my competition yesterday but of the whole journey to Olympics.


I was very excited to go out and wrestle, it is what I dreamt of for so many years. I had as good of a draw as I could of had at the Olympics. I was confident I could beat Turkey. I felt relaxed on the mat and gave it everything I had. I can try to analyze my performance and look at areas to improve but to be honest I felt I wrestled my best and I am not having any regrets with the way I prepared or performed. Everything, the tough times and the good times were all worth it.



I was really impressed with my friends and family (64 in total) who were representing our beautiful country so well with pride and dignity. It was unreal to have them here. I know everyone back home was watching too and I hope you all enjoyed the experience.



My Olympic experience has been phenomenal. I have many great memories that will be etched in my mind forever, not only from the last couple weeks but over the past years. What a great opportunity. I did not leave any stoned unturned. Everyone supporting me helped make sure that I was able to prepare properly and helped me to have my best focus to compete.



I have learned so much about myself and not only my potential but the potential of so many others. This experience really showed me what great things can be accomplished when there is teamwork and dedication. I am talking about all of you. My situation 3 years ago was far from ideal in order to qualify and compete in the Olympics. If it wasn't for the fact of having so many generous and genuine people around me to help then I would not have been here.



I hope this experience will inspire others to pursue and live their dreams. I know the positive impact this journey had will continue to help many others to reach their potential for many years to come.



This experience has taught me that no matter who you are, where your from or what situation you find yourselves in, your goals and dreams will be realized if you have the courage to pursue them.



I am looking forward to coming back home, I love you all, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Now go out there and pursue your dreams!



Travis



I went down last night to catch "Star Light Movie Night" at Bob Dailey Stadium. What a cool night it was....in more ways than one! Yes it was a LITTLE chilly, but it was much better than raining like it was the last couple of days. It was just plain cool to watch a movie sitting on the grass on a blanket like that under the stars...and clouds. I grew up going to the drive-in theatre, but it's nothing like sitting under the stars like that. What a great idea!

A great crowd showed up to watch Nim's Island. Lots of kids, lots of families, just lots of people period.

This is something that needs to happen at least every couple of weeks in the summer, if it's affordable to bring in, of course. Alternate it with the weeks where there aren't any OUR TOWN events?

I just thought it was cool to get people of all ages from the community out like that having fun and maybe feeling some community pride!

Hammer

No comments: