Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My letter to the CBC

You miss 100% of the shots that you don't take!!



Greetings CBC, from Port Alberni, BC!



Thank you for you outstanding coverage so far from the Olympics in Beijing.



You give us the option with this forum to tell you our story. So here is mine.



My name is Evan Hammond. I am the morning show host on the local radio station, and I am also the broadcast play-by-play voice of the local Junior A Hockey club. I have seen what the passion this community is like and tomorrow this city will reach a fever pitch.



Tonight is an exciting one for this city of 18,000 as tomorrow our local Olympic Wrestler Travis Cross makes his debut at the Beijing games.



We are excited to watch Travis compete and we are especially excited for the atmosphere that should emanate from the Wrestling Venue, as reports are that the largest contingent of Canadians in Beijing is the 64 STRONG group from Port Alberni that are there to support Cross.



Support is just as strong here locally as it is in China as our Community Centre is hosting a "CBC viewing party" tomorrow to watch the proceedings. The party has been moved from one community room to another as the previous was deemed too small for the expected support.



I also know of several Sports Bars that are inviting the community to come down to watch Travis and provide him support from back home.



It would obviously be an extremely exciting thing for everyone here to be able to watch. We are hoping upon hope that the CBC will be able to provide live coverage of Travis when he wrestles. Of course we also understand that this is a big country and the Olympics are such a large event that one never knows where the next story will develop. Locally, we believe the next big story will be TRAVIS CROSS!



Regarding the option to submit this story with the "I have a webcam" option. I do indeed have a webcam that can stream and I would be most proud to provide you a feed from the Community Centre or a local Sports Bar tomorrow so you can see the pandemonium when Travis Wrestles.



So please don't hesitate to contact me.



Sincerely,
Evan Hammond

3 comments:

Superstar Fan said...

GREAT Letter Evan! Thanks from everyone in Port Alberni. Good Luck to Travis in Beijing - hopefully he didn't eat anything that they have been "taste testing" on the different shows! (yuk) :)

Anonymous said...

Great letter Hammer, you will have to let us know if they contact you. If Travis wins his first bout do you know when his next match would be? I am trying to tape it.

Hammer said...

Thanks for the comments guys/gals!

I will certainly give everyone an update should CBC get back to me.

I have no idea how the schedule works tonight, I just know I'm going to be watching CBC!!