Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm the POOL CHAMP, Dogs make several changes, host Clippers tonight.

Hello and happy Friday. A huge thanks to the Bailey's for making me a part of a little celebration last night for Warren Muir's birthday. I was attending to participate in and organize the billiards tournament, part of the entertainment for the evening.

And wouldn't ya know it, I ended up winning it. Just for the record - All the names were drawn out of a hat, so don't say I fixed it! It was quite the fun time and there were some pretty good games played. A tip of the hat to Zack Mazo who I ended up beating in the tournament final. It was almost "speed pool" with an early curfew last night that everyone had to be home for with the Dogs in action tonight.

A few chirps were sent my way by a couple of the boys. Just sour grapes. Yah, I'm competitive. Play to win baby.
A little insight into the sacrifices these guys make to play a "game" On a night where he was now at the legal age of 19, the only thing Warren Muir sipped last night was Gatorade. No toasts, no trips to the bar, nothing. I don't know about the rest of you, but I know when I turned legal age there was more than Gatorade consumed. It was a neat reminder for me of what these guys give up to chase their dream. Everyone looks at what the guys get - granted, it is a lot. Not many people know or think about the sacrifices. Someone last night told me to make sure I shared a cheers with Warren. I told them that while I wasn't sure, I was PRETTY SURE that there wouldn't be any of that going on. In the end, I was right. It was fun, but it was also all business with the big game tonight.

They are ALL big for the Dogs right now with where they are at in the standings.

As the Dogs host the Clippers tonight, they will ice a line-up much different than the one that played Wednesday in Nanaimo. I was more than a little surprised when I showed up at the game day skate this morning and saw some guys missing alone with some new faces. And that's besides Mark Morikawa, as that was released yesterday by the team.

There are still details to be taken care of before any of this is made official, so I can't give any details right now.....Check the team website and check the blog, and you'll get the news I'm sure before you show up to the game tonight.

6:45 is the pregame, 7:00 the puck drop and all the play-by-play.

Should be interesting.

Hammer

No comments: