Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Ryan Hollweg hit from behind....Good job NHL.

Kinda funny that Chris Simon was the evil-doer for clubbing this guy in the mush, after he was concussed seconds earlier on a hit from behind by this guy, isn't it? Does anyone remember the hit that led to the slash? See below. A leaping forehead first smash into the glass.



OF COURSE I don't condone Simon's actions, but you tell me what's worse when Hollweg puts someone in a wheelchair in the near future.

Here's the latest hit from behind from a guy that's done it so much he's now been suspended for being a multiple offender. I know the game goes fast and things happen fast...this is 3 or 4 times now I've seen him hit someone like this.



I only wish the linesmen hadn't got in there so soon, and that BOTH of the Blues could've had a tune at him.

Hammer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hammer,
You can say what you want about Hollweg and God Knows I have said much. However, this one is a bit tough. You teach young dmen (or players) to provide back as a target when you are on your forehand and shoulder as a target when you are on your backhand with the puck. The guy did that perfectly, but then he stood with his head down two feet from the boards. That may have been dangerous by Hollweg, but it was an absolutely imbecilic play by the Blues player as well. He was stting himself up for injury. Whether it was Hollweg or not - and I struggle with the way he plays - he was asking for it.

Cam D

Anonymous said...

PS - I mean that you teach that in puck protection. He should have been right up against the boards freezing the puck or been between D1 and their F1 and the post. He is as much to blame as anyone.

Cam D