Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Dogs with three in a row + A Very Merry Bulldog (and BCHL) Christmas, anyone have a Sled?

What a nice Christmas present from the Bulldogs to their fans, their first three game winning streak of the season as they head into the holiday break. Things were more than a little interesting, as for the second straight game a 5-2 Dogs lead became 5-4 in the third period. Again, the Dogs were able to hold on and get some breathing room back when Zack Mazo scored on the power play after he initially drew the penalty with a strong drive to the net.

As the coaching staff said about Friday night's win, I think they'd say the same about yesterdays - A couple of weeks ago or 20 games ago the team would have found a way to LOSE the last two games after seeing three goal leads become one goal leads. Instead, they held on and fought back to get the "W" Fun to watch, and great to watch for the guys who have done nothing this season but work their tails off everyday.

Props to Prince George for coming out the way they did for the third period, playing their fourth game in three in a half days. No quit in those guys.

A nice return for Josh Pineiro and Adam Baldassarre - two goals on the game for him, and not so nice for Kevin Genoe, who was lifted after giving up the first three goals.

The whole "human" element of this game is something I love the most....Josh Pineiro was Bulldog fan Bobby McKenzie's favorite player. Josh always took time to talk to Bobby and just be a cool guy to him. So obviously Bobby was crushed when Josh was traded. It's a real part of the game, and a tough one to deal with sometimes but it always has happened and always will. Guys move on. Sometimes it's what you do OFF ICE when you are somewhere that makes just as big a difference as what you do off the ice.

Bobby waits for Josh after the game yesterday.
Look at the smile.
Lookin good, by the way, Josh. Always loved the hankie in the pocket. I'm just sad I didn't get a chance to talk to Josh or Adam or Kevin myself. Just too busy getting ready for the game yesterday.

And just for the record, Bobby is still a huge Dogs fan. Check the pic below for the OTHER side of his sign. His mom Richelle told me he didn't want the Dogs to feel bad if they saw the greeting to Josh.
Bobby you are a true beauty!

Alright, to my Christmas special...

Click the link to listen to A VERY MERRY BULLDOG CHRISTMAS

And along the same lines, click to listen to A VERY MERRY BCHL CHRISTMAS

A huge thanks to everyone that gave me their time to get this done. It's a huge amount of work to pull it all together and edit it down, but it's a fun thing to do.

I have a blooper reel a mile long with several Bulldog and BCHL personalities. I'm holding onto it for ransom! You guys that gave me the best bloopers know who you are so feel free to make me an offer I can't refuse!

And on a final note - Anyone have a old fashioned sled? Wood or Metal would do. I got an email from Angel's mom asking me if I could help them find one so Angel can get out in the snow and have some fun. Apparently the only ones available here in town are too short for Angel with her cast. So if you have one they can borrow buy or rent, please drop me an email HERE and I'll connect you with them!

And don't forget to keep yourself updated with Angel and the Variety Coin Drive by visiting the site HERE


Hammer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Job Hammer! Thank you & Merry Christmas.