Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Golf Golf Golf, 'Nucks still waiting, Capitals and Hurricanes force Game 7

Hello and Happy Monday!

All about the golf for a minute. Hey, I hit the links for 10 straight days with my dad out here visiting. What else do I have to talk about?!

We had a great time Friday late on the course - Thanks to Dennis See for the great picture below. From left to right - My dad Cal, The Big Dog Les Doiron, myself, Shawn Elder, Brandon Ford, Dennis See.

I *ahem* shot the best round. ahem.


Saturday I was proud to be the guest speaker at the Alberni Golf Club's Junior Open House. There were dozens of young Tiger Woods and Annika Sorenstam's running around. What a great time and a great opportunity for the kids.

Special thanks to the sponsors, Tim Hortons and Buy Low Foods! The kids had chipping, putting, and full-swing instruction from the pros. Cool stuff. See the pictures below.


The Vancouver Canucks continue to wait to see who they will face in round two. With the San Jose Sharks scoring in OT to force a game 6, everything is still up in the air. If the Ducks win that series, the Canucks will play the winner of the Flames-Hawks series. If the Sharks win, it's the Canucks vs. the Wings. Go Ducks!

Anyone counting Calgary out yet after a shellacking of the Flames by the Hawks in Game 5? I'm not counting them out, but I don't exactly like their chances. Here's hoping the Ducks down the Sharks, and Calgary and Chi-town go 7 games. The more bumps and bruises, the better for the Canucks. Yes, I'm somewhat concerned like the rest of the fan base that too much rest sometimes isn't always the best. But everyone being hurt and tired is worse!

I'm fired up that the Washington Capitals have forced Game 7 against the New York Rangers after a 5-3 win yesterday at MSG.

What do you all make of John Tortorella getting suspended? I'm Switzerland on the issue. At the same time, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Don't scratch Avery for a lack of discipline saying that it would not only lose a game, but the series, and the next game get a suspension yourself. Yes, I know easier said than done in the heat of the moment.

I don't really care either way between the Carolina Hurricanes and the New Jersey Devils, but I was happy to see the 'Canes force Game 7. Game 7's are just plain fun to watch. As are the Canes cheerleaders, LOL. I was watching some of the first period yesterday, what a crowd in Carolina. For the same reasons I like Washington, I think I'll pull for Carolina in Game 7. Crazy fans. They stood and roared for most of the first period when I was watching. Impressive.

I got a pretty good laugh out of this one - the Canes are having a "beard a thon" for the playoffs. Check it out here

Hammer


-

No comments: