Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

BCHL/Bulldogs schedule released, Alberni Valley Charity Golf Classic, calling out Mira Laurence



The BCHL released it's league schedule yesterday. Kudos to the league for getting this bad boy out before July hit.

I'm not sure if this link will work or not for you (someone please let me know if it doesn't) but this should take you to JUST the Bulldogs schedule, in a nice easy to print out sheet - CLICK HERE -

After a quick glance at the schedule, I like it. I'm sure everyone can find a fault with it, but the schedule is always that way, you have some bumps and you have some "easier" stretches. I LOVE 6 in a row at home after the opening night of the season in Powell River.

The home games, broken down by day-

12 Saturday games
7 Friday games
5 Tuesday games
4 Sunday games
1 Wednesday
1 Thursday

Not bad at all.

A couple years back, THURSDAY was the night that the bulk of the home games fell. Although any night is a good night at the 'Pound, Saturday night is THE night in Alberni. Or so it seems to me at least.

The atmosphere always seems a little different on Saturday. The upper lounge is packed, and the stands are always more full than any other night. I can also feel an increased level of energy and excitement on Saturdays. Might be due to all the visiting tournament players in town from the Minor Hockey events happening at the rink that usually attend the BCHL game that night.



The 16th Annual Charity Golf Classic goes July 10th and 11th at the Alberni Golf Club. Rob Schick, who started the tourney wayyyy back when (and also wore #16 during his career as an NHL Referee) will be the guest of honour.


I had a great interview this morning with Alberni Golf Club President Les Doiron, and A-TV Sports Anchor Mira Laurence on the 93.3 The Peak FM morning show.....I might have gotten myself into a LITTLE hot water because Mira is quite the golfer, so I thought I'd throw a little "media challenge" out to her because I have been hitting the ball well lately....WELL, the challenge was answered, but it has morphed itself into a TEAM vs TEAM challenge....I didn't want the team thing, I wanted an individual thing! Mano-a-Womano.

I suspect that with Mira's celebrity status, coupled with her connections and ins with the organizing group, that I will end up with a team that pales in comparison to hers. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to carry them.

NO, I'm not already coming up with excuses. I'm just hoping for a fair fight!

The first year I came to Port Alberni I called out the Newspaper for a Media Challenge during the Intrasquad Black vs White game during Bulldogs Training Camp. They were willing combatants, and everything seemed fine until one Mr. PUNCH MCLEAN showed up out of no where to coach the Alberni Valley Times Team right before game time. Of course Punch couldn't lose, so his team was stacked. Harrumph. It's the only time I lost the Media Challenge, I have the trophy still here at the station with a 3 and 1 record.

Long story short, I suspect Mr. Doiron had something to do with Mr. McLean showing up in Port Alberni that day. BIGDOG, don't be getting Arnold Palmer or someone like that for Mira's team please. My team? Well that would be fine and dandy.

Oh well, it's only $50.00, and it's all for charity.

To play, or to just take part in the dinner, call 250-723-5422 or visit www.albernigolf.com

No comments: