Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Crazy busy weekend in Port Alberni, Hutchinson interview, BCHL tinkers with schedule, playoff format, Clippers/Express/Sprucies make trade.

Whew, I need a nap! Or at the very least 2 minutes to relax. What a weekend. I need a weekend for my weekend...

The Serauxmen Golf Tournament at Morning Star was a blast. The Relay for Life was also a blast and a great cause. The slo-pitch tournament Saturday and yesterday was awesome, but man it was all pretty tiring!

A word about the Golf Tournament....If anyone that reads the blog knows Island Radio Staffers Ian Holmes and Marlow Weldon, please ask them if they know the name of a good chiropractor, because my back is pretty sore from carrying the team all day. Our fourth, Stu Crouse, deserves to be commended for at least pulling his weight. In all seriousness, thanks to all of the guys on the team as it was a very fun afternoon.

The Relay for Life was also a great time albeit a pretty tough night.

Here's how we stayed awake and alert!





Over 70,000 was raised! Way to go Port Alberni!

AND how about those Alport Insurance Average Joes! I'm not even sure if any of my teammates read the blog, but I hope they do because I want them to know I sincerely appreciated playing with them this season. Even better was the way we finished the season, winning 8 of 9 games, and winning TWO against the only team that beat us in that stretch to take the B Pool Title yesterday evening. What a couple of days though, and what a finish! Way to go Joes!

Here's our pregame cheer, including some mess ups, and a cheer at the end to our opponents. It's all about the fun ya know!



Way to go Joes!


Some BCHL stuff. Thanks as always to my buddy Danno for the heads up on these stories.

First, from the Nanaimo News Bulletin - BCHL REFRESHES SCHEDULE -

And from the Nanaimo Daily News - Clippers involved in 6 player deal -

These trades get more and more confusing by the day!

Lastly - by request, here's a copy of the interview I had on the 93.3 THE PEAK morning show last Friday with the newest member of the Bulldogs, Matt Hutchinson.

Click - HERE TO LISTEN -

As always, all audio is courtesy and copyright 93.3 The Peak FM and the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group.

No comments: