Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Travis Cross update....

Hello and thanks for checking the blog! Here's the latest update from local wrestler Travis Cross. Thanks as always to Travis for the update.


Hi all. Just a quick update on my recent tournament in Guelph, Ontario this past weekend. I wrestled 3 matches winning 2 and losing in the final to take second place.



1st match vs. Danny Brown (Canada), 1-0, 3-1
It was the second time I wrestled Danny this year, the other time being the finals at the National Championships. I felt alot better in this meeting, feeling more relaxed and in control.



2nd match vs. Alec Burk (Canada), 3-1, 7-0 pin
For those who are not sure how the scoring works, the 3-1 is 3 points for me to 1 point to my opponent in the first 2 min round. in the second 2 min round I had 7 points to his 0 and I pinned him ending the match. Each match is best two out of three rounds.



3rd match vs. Tamerlan Tagiev (Russia) 2-1, 2-4 pin
I felt very good and controlled the pace of the match. I won the first round 2-1. The second round I was leading 2-0 and then got caught in bad position for a second and was pinned.



The tournament was another important step in preparing for the 2009 Senior World Championships in September in Denmark. I will take what I learned to the practice mats and continue to improve my game.


My next tournament will be the World Police Fire Games at Douglas College in Coquitlam, August 1st.


Don't forget the Alberni Valley Charity Golf Classic coming up this weekend! There are still spots open for golfers, so hurry up and call the course at 250-723-5422.

It's a big one this year (as it is every year) with Rob Schick again attending and being honored with this being the 16th year of the tournament. Rob started the tournament, wore #16 as an NHL referee, and retired this past season. Lots of reason to celebrate. Of course, CHARITY is what it's all about, with local and provincial charities being the big winners when it's all over!

Hammer

No comments: