Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

"Dogs pack a little more bite" + Dogs host Cowichan tonight at THE POUND at 7pm....REVISITING TWITTER

Huge thanks to my buddy Dan "the stats man" Tisserand for sending along this great story from the Victoria Times Colonist written by Sharie Epp.

Click the link to read "Bulldogs pack a little more bite"


I'm pretty excited for the first home exhibition game tonight, as the Dogs host the Capitals at 7pm at the Pound. I will be posting live updates on the blog when stuff happens so if you can't make it, be sure to check the blog!



Ah, Twitter.....

Lets's take a look at the comments that were left on the blog posting I made saying I was giving Twitter another shot:

Superstar Fan said...
Why would we "twitter" when we can just check your "blog" and we don't have to sign up for anything??


Anonymous said...
Twitter is stupid...you were right in the beginning, there really is no point to it


Anonymous said...
twitter sux give it up hammer you dont need it


Now - if I may be allowed a rebuttal.....

I'm not a big fan of twitter either, as I previously mentioned....HOWEVER, I really do see the use for it.

Example - and an answer to Superstar fan's comment - Last night, or any night if you can't get to a Bulldog game, and you can't be on your computer the whole time, how do you get updates? You are certainly right, why would you twitter when you can just come to the blog. BUT, what would you do when you can't get to the blog? Hmmmmmm.

THIS is where I see the benefits of twitter. If you have a cell phone, you can connect my twitter updates to be automatically delivered to your phone. So if I update my twitter throughout the game, or after periods, for example, you'll get those updates instantly as text messages on your phone.

Now do you see where I'm coming from, with at least how I see it can be useful?

If no one wants or needs twitter updates, that's fine, it's actually one less thing that I will worry about doing to keep the fans updated!

I will still send updates when I get some breaking Bulldog news for any followers I have on twitter so don't worry if you are one of them!

SO - same thing I posted before - if you want Bulldog or BCHL updates, go to twitter.com and click this link or search for my profile "HAMWILDER"

The easiest thing to do might be to click the twitter logo at the top of the blog on the --------> right hand side

Once you are signed up and following me, you need to go into your settings/options and put in your cell phone number so you get mobile updates.After you have done that, click on my profile again and click DEVICE UPDATES ON, which you should see right under my picture!



I'm hitting the lovely Alberni Golf Club at Cherry Creek for 18 holes, and then I'll see you AT THE POUND!!


Hammer


-

No comments: