Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Mark MacMillan ranked 135th in Final Central Scouting Rankings.

One of my favorite pictures of Mark from early in the season as he scored a late third period game tying goal.


The hits just keep on coming for the Dogs organization, as Mark MacMillan was included in Central Scouting's final rankings today ahead of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
(image: www.nhl.com)


The full list can be found HERE



Forgive us for getting excited, but this is just the SECOND player in Alberni Valley Bulldogs Franchise History to be named to Central Scouting Services pre-draft rankings.

Yes, I goofed, earlier saying that Mark was the first ever Bulldog ranked. My bad. Usually I'm pretty good for this stuff but former Bulldog Captain (and current Providence Bruin) Devin Timberlake was also ranked.

I got an email from Bulldog Bussie Ron Sandberg earlier today saying he thought that Devin was ranked before. Also kudos to Linda Yaredic for emailing me saying she thought Devin was ranked too.

I texted Devin and asked him straight out if he was ranked. He said YES, and "thanks for the bad memory Hammer"

Sorry for forgetting Timby! 

I guess the hope now would be that Mark will be the first ever Bulldog DRAFTED as Devin unfortunately didn't get his name called at the draft.  If Mark doesn't get picked, Devin is living proof that not getting drafted doesn't mean one single thing! His work ethic overcame no hearing his name called, saw him off to college, and now sees him playing pro hockey.


For everyone that watched Mark go from a "who knows what he can do" rookie early in the season, to a "if this kid doesn't look out he's going to get himself drafted" rookie as the season progressed, this has to be pretty gratifying.


Congrats to Mark, Mitch and the rest of the MacMillan family, exciting news!


NO, this isn't a sure bet that he will get drafted. Having said that, it certainly says something when the kid went from not on the CSS list (pre season, mid-term rankings) to all of a sudden ranked 135 out of all Eligible Domestic Skaters.

One of my favorite Mark goals....





I am doing my best to line up Mark for an interview on THE PEAK, stay tuned.



Hammer




No comments: