Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Humboldt gets RBC

Congrats to the City of Humboldt, and the Broncos.

An email from Tom McEvay...


When I first heard the news of the decision from Andy and Tom I was just as disappointed as all of you.

After some reflection, I know it will only motivate the committee members further, and they will be back at it again, only more determined. Thanks everyone for their efforts in making this bid!

Hammer


For Immediate Release …. I will have more information after a longer discussion with Hockey Canada next week but for now I can release that Humbolt Saskatchewan won the bid to host the 2012 RBC Cup. 

Dean  McIntosh of Hockey Canada called me today right after the decision was made at the Hockey Canada AGM and informed me that Humbolt was the winning bid.  Dean was very clear that our bid from the Alberni Valley was a superb bid and it made the decision very difficult.  He agreed that we did everything we could and we did not lose but rather Humbolt won.  He has offered to debrief with us next week and I have assured him that we would welcome that opportunity. 

On behalf of our committee I want to congratulate Humbolt on their selection to host the 2012 RBC Cup. We also congratulate the bid groups from Kingston Ontario and Ft. McMurray Alberta who joined us in the final four.


I want to thank all of our hard working Bid Committee for their tremendous efforts in assembling what I feel was the best bid we could possibly have made. We didn't leave anything on the table and gave it our best shot.  

We extend our appreciation to the City of Port Alberni, the Alberni Valley Bulldogs organization, the BC Hockey League and to Hockey BC who supported our bid throughout the process. A big thanks to the many people, organizations and businesses who wrote letters or supported for our bid in so many ways. I look forward to further discussion with Hockey Canada.  It was a pleasure working with our committee on our bid and I am very proud of what we accomplished. We will now regroup and determine if we are ready to bid on future RBC Cups  or other Hockey Canada events. 

Sincerely, Tom McEvay - Chair2012 RBC Alberni Bid Committe
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

No comments: