Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dogs add another, Leos vs Als, Happy Birthday - Dave Killer Carlson, Clive Cussler.


ANOTHER new addition to the Bulldogs roster.

They must know I'm heading away on Holidays soon or something!

This one sounds like another great pick up by Paul Esdale. In Morello, he gets an 18 year old who already has two years of Junior A Hockey under his belt. Here's the official release....


Justin Morello Commits to the Bulldogs





PRESS RELEASE
July 15th, 2010

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE


The Alberni Valley Bulldogs would like to announce that 92 F Justin Morello has committed for the 2010-2011 season.


The Spruce Grove, Alberta native played for the Drumheller Dragons of Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) in 2008-09 and posted 8 goals, 13 assists in 43 games. In the 2009-10 season, Morello split time between Drumheller and the St.Albert Steel of the AJHL. Morello posted 13 goals and 25 assists in 47 games between the two teams.

“Justin is a great offensive player that will help create offensive chances in all different situations, “ comments GM/Head Coach Paul Esdale. “We are very excited to have Justin wear the Bulldogs uniform and look forward to him being an impact player immediately for our team,” adds Esdale.


For more information please contact GM/Head Coach Paul Esdale at 250.723.4412
Catch an Interview with Justin on THE PEAK Morning Show just after 8:10am tomorrow morning on 93.3 The Peak FM and online at www.933thepeak.com 


Now onto something that I don't talk about on the blog too often - FOOTBALL.

Yes, Football! Have I gone crazy with a lack of Hockey? Maybe just a little bit. The football talk is because I am very very very excited to head over to Vancouver to Empire Field for the Lions vs Alouettes game tomorrow.

I'm not someone that was part of the history of Empire Field. I didn't grow up watching games there, and neither did my parents or grandparents. Being from Manitoba, maybe they watched a couple Blue Bomber games back in the day.

It doesn't matter for me though, there's just something about Football OUTDOORS. From the moment I heard that the Lions were heading outside for a year, I just HAD to go.

This is what Empire looks like. Not bad for being thrown together in just over 100 days.



And this is my buddy Jade. He's a die hard Lions fan. Maybe THEE die hard Lions fan. He will no doubt be wearing no less than 9 articles of clothing tomorrow that have at least some piece of orange on them. He told me he even has an Orange shirt for me. It'll be fun Jade, I'm looking forward to it buddy!
And a couple HAPPY BIRTHDAYS to wrap it up today.

First off, one I missed yesterday - Happy Birthday Jerry Houser, born July 14th 1952. One of the most fearless customers to play the game. Although not in real life.

Jerry played the iconic Dave "Killer" Carlson in Slap Shot.

"Killer" talking about being out of the line up with a wicked cold. He started his car without wearing a jacket, and it settled into his kidneys, I believe.

Dave's a Killer! Dave's a mess! Bleed all over 'em, let 'em know you're there. The sounds of Slap Shot. The soundtrack to my younger years.

And I almost NEVER talk about books here on the blog, unless they are hockey related. I can't miss the opportunity to celebrate my favorite author -
Mr. Clive Cussler. Google him. You don't know what you are missing!


Hammer

No comments: