Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Port Alberni takes over FIRST PLACE for Ultimate Fishing Town, Media ChallengeThursday, Female Hockey Fest coming up!

This update comes to you from Winnipeg - back to Port Alberni soon!

First things first - way to go Port Alberni! You have made your voice heard, taking over top spot in the WFN "Ultimate Fishing Town" contest, overtaking Dauphin, Manitoba!

Now - DO NOT rest on your laurels. Keep voting, keep telling your friends, family, enemies, in laws, outlaws, you get the idea!

The website can be found HERE and some pretty cool pictures and videos showcasing our great community can be found on the Port Alberni page HERE

At the time of this writing, you have 7 days to vote so get on it if you haven't yet!



The big 93.3 The Peak FM vs the Alberni Valley Times Media Challenge Hockey game goes Thursday night at 5:30 at the Multiplex. Come watch the radio guys plaster the paper people! Just don't expect anything out of me besides lots of falling down, and using the boards to stop. OK maybe I won't be THAT bad, but I haven't played out in a hockey game in a long time. Of course I'm a goalie by trade, but I'm not into strapping on the pads in any sort of competitive game when I haven't played competitively in YEARS. I don't want to tear a groin or any other body part. Sure, maybe I'll do that playing forward or defence, but the degree of danger playing in net is higher with the amount of flexibility that is required. Ah the good ole days when I was as limber as a gymnast......it's too bad I can't play as much as I would like, but 60 Bulldog games throughout the winter with 90% of them on weekends and a 6am Morning gig Monday to Friday make playing rec hockey just too much for me! It's OK, the 'Dogs give me more than enough hockey to get me by!

The Media Challenge game is all to raise awareness for the first ever "Female Hockey Festival" coming up in Port Alberni on September 19th.

Find out everything about it on the official website here

Hammer

No comments: