Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

"Surprise"

I'm sorry I took so long to posting this. Getting  to Port Alberni via Winnipeg through Calgary to Comox took longer than expected as some flights were delayed.

For the owners, staff, players, families, billets, volunteers, sponsors and last but certainly not least THE FANS of the Dogs, here is your surprise - I present to you eighteen, yes 18! minutes of audio and video highlights from the 2009-2010 Bulldog season.

Here's the story of the videos - with the Bulldogs going into a first round playoff bye, I knew I would have some time on my hands with NO HOCKEY all of a sudden. With the Dogs coming off a record breaking season, I thought it would be a great idea to throw together a highlight reel. I asked Nolan Graham and Paul Esdale for copies of select DVDs over the season from some memorable games. Most of them from their league record road winning streak. Long story short, I unfortunately ran into some tech problems, and I couldn't get all of the video and audio clips correctly. Fast forward to the playoffs, after the Clippers have taken a 2 games to 1 series lead after a Game 3 win in Nanaimo. Nolan Graham says to me something along the lines of "Hey Hammer, can I have a copy of that highlight reel, I want to show it to the guys to fire them up, seeing how they played over the year to get to where they are"

Uh oh.

I had no such video made.

While I did have enough video and audio to put SOMETHING together, it wouldn't be the finished product that I wanted. From some of the most memorable games over the year I just could not get the game video. The league and the respective teams video volunteers and staff all do a great job, but sometimes there are some hiccups that just plain happen. I decided I had to leave some moments out and I had to make a video, and FAST. I'm not sure how many hours I put into it over the day that I had to make it, and I don't think I want to guess.What you will watch now is the video that the guys watched. I'm sorry there are two parts to the video but it's the only way I could get it on the Internet for all to see. I also apologize for the quality of some of the media used to make the video. Some audio is high quality, some is radio quality, cell phone quality, and in some cases there is a speaker hanging 3 feet from your head! Some of the video is high quality, some is low, some is shot with my digital camera pointed at my laptop screen...hows that for MacGuyver'ing it?

Having said all my apologies I am sure you won't care and you will have some good memories from last season while watching!

One last thing that shouldn't be lost in all of this is that the BCHL is top quality hockey. While this is a BULLDOG highlight reel, there is some great and I mean GREAT hockey being played. I take nothing away from the opposition, as for without you there is no game. Hopefully you can get a highlight reel for your team!

Hammer

Audio Courtesy and Copyright 93.3 The Peak FM and the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group.

Video Courtesy and Copyright the Alberni Valley Bulldogs and the B.C.H.L


2010 Bulldogs Playoffs Motivational Video - Part 1 from HammerHockey on Vimeo.


2010 Bulldogs Playoffs Motivational Video - Part 2 from HammerHockey on Vimeo.

Part 2 of a video I made of highlights from the 2009-2010 Bulldogs regular season

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! Nice Work Hammer... how do we purchase a copy??

kaicee said...

Excellent highlight reel Hammer!

Anonymous said...

WOW! For a radio guy you did a great job! Hmmm...seems like there may be a market for this kind of highlight reel? But its got me thinking that maybe the team could benefit from a more professionally done highlight reel for this coming year? Maybe the girl who used to do the video taping for the bulldogs would be interested? I hear she made a documentary with her own editing equipment....i'm just sayin..

Anonymous said...

great video - can't wait to see more from this coming season!