Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Video video video! Highlights+Rapid Fire with SHAW!







Enough of the pictures! On with the video....highlights from the weekend will be posted first.


FIRST though, some insight into the job of the broadcaster, for those that need it. You may not think you need it, but I need to clear the air - as I always need to do this time of the year...


I know some of the negative folks will say there aren't highlights from the first two games...or they are lowlights...to each their own. For the fans that care about the team and want to know what goes on win, lose or draw, I will post them.  For the fans/parents/billets that don't want to acknowledge that losing happens, it isn't fun, you can't win them all, etc - just don't watch them!


It is always nice to get an early season reminder that there is always one fan on one side of the fence, and one on the other side of the fence. It is one of the challenges/benefits of having such a great fan base and community here that cares for the team and is involved with the team on many levels.


To elaborate - my job isn't an easy one, as I am always walking the fine fine fine line of not wanting to offend the parent/fan/billet/sponsor that wants me to be sunshine and rainbows even when the team is losing by a converted touchdown. The other side are the true hockey people/fans/parents etc. They want to know the REAL SCOOP. They want BLAME outright, and ANSWERS why the team isn't winning, or why they are winning. You win some, you lose some, the line between both is razor thin.


I don't ever want to offend anyone, but it's not easy with some people who seem to want to end up that way! It's only Wednesday morning and I have barely been out and about in town and I have already run into my fair share of people on both ends of the spectrum telling me what they think of the team, of my call of the game, etc.


I always love to hear the feedback, I really do. At the same time, I don't necessarily seek it out because everyone has their own connection/disconnection to a player to the team, etc that has them looking through glasses of a certain colour for a certain something.


In the end, I'm just "calling it like I see it" as my employer (for those that don't know, it's 93.3 The Peak and the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group, LP, not the Alberni Valley Bulldogs that signs my cheques, a very common misconception) wants me to do, and as I have done for more than 1000 games over a decade. Why? Becuse it hasn't failed me yet. People won't always like what they hear, or don't hear, but I simply can't help it if the game on the ice isn't going the way you want for the team - or an individual on the team.


At the same time please know that I strive to always be positive and find the positive even when it is really really hard to do on some nights. Some nights it might be impossible. Just know that I'm trying!


They are just kids. Some fans need to be reminded of that.


This isn't Minor Hockey. Some fans need to be reminded of that too!


Just win fellas, it's more fun for everyone!










And now some fun stuff - RAPID FIRE with SHAW and the Alberni Valley Bulldogs




2 comments:

Kris A said...

Did they rub Vaseline on the play by play camera in surrey?

Hammer said...

I think it's quality of the camera - or maybe quality of the lighting. Pretty dark in that barn, might have something to do as well with all the windows light coming in/going out, etc!