Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Gialedakis to Oswego State

Very nice Christmas present for Bulldogs 20 year old Forward Manny Gialedakis, as the Bulldogs announced today that he has accepted a scholarship to Oswego State to play for the Lakers. Quite the success story, a 20 year old kid coming all the way out to BC to get a scholly. You got it Manny, now keep it going!



Gialedakis Commits to Oswego



FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE


Port Alberni, BC - The Alberni Valley Bulldogs are proud to announce that 1992-born forward Manny Gialedakis has committed to the NCAA Division III program at Oswego State University of New York.

Gialedakis was acquired by the Bulldogs in mid-September from the Georgetown Raiders of the Ontario Junior Hockey League for future considerations.

"I feel like its been a long time coming and I cannot be more pleased with where I'll be going,” said Gialedakis. “Oswego is a great school with an even better hockey history and to say that I will be apart of their program next year is an honor."

Since joining the Bulldogs, Gialedakis has been very committed to both his on-ice performance and off-ice initiatives. On the ice, Gialedakis has contributed with 11 goals and 15 assists in 30 games, including a hat trick against the Powell River Kings.

Gialedakis has also been very active in the community. Shortly after joining the Bulldogs, he helped out at the SPCA walking dogs in the mornings and spent two days each week in local elementary schools as a member of the “Bulldogs In Schools” program. Gialedakis is now registered for three courses at North Island College in order to maintain his NCAA eligibility for next September. In addition to his studies at NIC, Gialedakis is also involved in the Alberni Clayoquot Regional District’s 3 R’s recycling program that will have Gialedakis join fellow teammates present the benefits or recycling in local schools.

“The Alberni Valley Bulldogs are extremely happen to have been able to help Manny reach his goal and to play college hockey,” said Alberni Valley Bulldogs general manager and head coach Kevin Willison. “Since arriving in Alberni, Manny has worked very hard and has proven that he can play at the next level. Manny’s determination and dedication has helped him earn this opportunity for which we congratulate him,” concluded Willison.

Oswego State men’s ice hockey team sits at the No. 2 spot in the USCHO.com Division III polls. The Oswego State Lakers entered the Christmas break with a record of 9-2-0.

Manny concluded with the following message: "I’d like to thank the coaching staff, Tom McEvay and former GM Spiros Anastis for giving me the all opportunities i needed to succeed. To my mentor and friend Peter Sbaraglia I say thanks for always keeping me focused on the task at hand being there for me. My billets, The Arbanas family, for opening their doors to me and treating me like one of there own. To my parents and sister, Effie, Louie, and Maria thank you for your love and support, but no words can describe how lucky I am to have you guys with me every step of the way. I couldn't be happier with the town of Port Alberni for embracing me and I could not think of a better way to finish my last year of junior hockey than to bring this town a Championship."

For more information please contact General Manager and Head Coach Kevin Willison


No comments: