Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Please visit the links and support my friends and supporters!!!

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Dogs host defending National Champ Vees, what NHL?

The Bulldogs (18-14-1-5, 3rd Island) conclude a four-game home stand tonight when they host the defending Fred Page/Doyle/RBC Cup Penticton Vees (26-11-0-3, 1st Interior)


The Bulldogs are coming off a 5-4 come-from-behind OT win over the Victoria Grizzlies on Wednesday while the Vees opened up a three game Island swing clutching victory from the jaws of defeat, scoring in the final minute of third to tie the game before finding the winner with less than 10 seconds on the clock in the first overtime. So Bulldog fans say THANKS VEES, but please do it in regulation next time!

Get all the action on Boston Pizza Bulldogs Hockey on 93.3 The Peak FM with the Pacific Chevrolet pregame show getting underway at 6:45 with myself and Bruce MacDonald.

Tonight's 2nd intermission guest is former Bulldog Max Fenkell, now at Bowdoin playing with the Polar Bears - great name!

Of course the shortened NHL season begins tonight...but there's no place I'd rather be than the Dog Pound watching this game! I have to admit I do miss watching the game played at the highest level...but it still doesn't beat the high level of play/emotion/community connection you get from the local team!  I'm sure most NHL fans will forget after a free beer and a cheap bag of peanuts tonight, but I'm not one of the lucky that can afford to have season tickets or afford to buy single-game seats to Canuck games more than once or twice a year. Mostly I'm just to busy watching/covering the Bulldogs and I watch the NHL on TV...thank goodness for PVR's

Hammer


No comments: